Job Call: Safe School Zones Project Manager
Safe School Zones Project Manager
Fixed-term / Project-based employment
The NADA Foundation for Safer Egyptian Roads
The NADA Foundation is an Egyptian NGO established in 2014 which works towards eliminating the mounting public health burden & crisis of injuries and fatality due to road crashes in Egypt.
Introduction to the project
The Safe School Zone project aims at leading visible, cost-efficient and effective interventions to make areas around schools in Egypt safer in a sustainable, adaptive way that considers the specificity of each area.
More information on the project here.
This positions reports to:
- Nada foundation management team
- Nada foundation board
- Different partners, fund donors and potential funding agencies
The head office of Nada foundation is in Heliopolis, Cairo.
Management tasks related to the foundation are primarily carried out in office premises in Downtown Cairo.
Yet the position will require moving to different places and venues at least once monthly.
The job purpose is to:
- Execute the national plan set by the project’s team with the follow-up of the foundation management team.
- Extend the project’s scope of action by holding new partnerships and reaching out to new schools.
- Follow up on proper financial cycle of the project.
- Attend meetings with local and national partners.
- Revise any document or publication released about the project.
- Maintain communication with different partners.
How does the job fit within the organization?
Safe School Zones project is one of the Egyptian flagships in the field of safety around Egyptian schools. Nada foundation has released the project in November 2017.The first phase of implementation is in collaboration with Uber.
What are the main challenges facing this role?
1 – Dealing with a diverse set of stakeholders with various backgrounds to successfully manage all the partnerships smoothly.
2 – Proper documentation and monitoring of impact throughout the project stages. Proper documentation will be used for later advocacy, fundraising and prove of impact.
- At least a bachelor’s degree
- Experience in project management is preferred.
- Excellent command of both Arabic and English, written and spoken. .
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, social media, data entry) .
- Willingness to learn and be part of a very diverse team.
- Capacity to deal with locals from different areas across Egypt.
- Flexibility in terms of travel and movement.
- Organized, proactive and capable of creating order.
- A background in civil engineering or road traffic safety would be an advantage.
- Background experience in carrying out development projects in Egyptian schools would be a considerable advantage.
- This is a full-time job. A dedicated full time salary will be allocated matching national homologues.
- The main working offices are between Heliopolis and downtown, Cairo, yet field visits, meetings and trainings will be in different areas/cities.
- Starting time is expected to be by mid-January 2017.
There will be a three-month probation period, after which, a decision about the employment will be made. In the first two months of the probation period, all tasks are to be carried out with close follow-up by the project’s director.
If you are interested to join us please send the following documents to:
1 – Updated CV.
2 – Motivation letter: We need you tell us about how you got to learn about this vacancy, why you believe you’d be most fitted for it and how would contribute to this project.
3 – You can add any documents which you see relevant for this position. This includes publications, proofs of work or writings.
Deadline: This position has no deadline. The position will be closed as soon as suitable candidate has been found.