World Day of Remembrance – 2017
The World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims (WDR) took place place this year on November 25th 2017. Aside from serving as a national remembrance for the lives killed and injured on the roads, together with their families, friends and many others who are also affected, this year’s WDR also witnessed the launching and announcement of a many of the initiatives, tools and projects the foundation will be carrying out throughout the upcoming period. These included particularly:
1) Announcement of the list of Minimal Requirements for the new traffic law and dissemination of its content and recommendations
2) Announcement of Ultimate Frisbee, becoming a carrier sport for Road Traffic Safety awareness among youth in Egypt
3) Presentation of results and recommendations of the Emerging technology and safety workshop and distribution of the printed report in Arabic and English.
4) Presentation and announcement of the new “Safety around Schools Project”
5) Announcement of the Uber Anniversary pledge for safety and the company’s plans to promote safer roads in Egypt.